Abt 1615 - Yes, date unknown
||Thomas Howell |
||"of the George" |
||12 Aug 1635
||London, England 
|from London to VA on the ship "George" |
||Yes, date unknown
||26 Sep 2018 |
|Immigrated - from London to VA on the ship "George" - 12 Aug 1635 - London, England
- Forty-four Families notes:
"Matthew Howell, was the son of THOMAS HOWELL, who came to
America on the "Good Ship George" to Virginia in 1635."
The Complete Book of Emigrants notes:
"Tho Howell" age 20 on The George to Virginia 21 August 1635 "Theis under written names to be transported to Virginea imbarqued in the George Jo: Severne Master bound thither pr. examination of the Minister of Gravesend etc."
Probate record extract from original Will Book: (may not be ours): "Name: Thomas Howell; Date: 16 Mar 1718; Location: Isle of Wight; Remarks: Thomas Howell. Leg.-son Thomas the tract of land lying upon Blunt's Creek, which I bought of Samuel Godwin, Jr.; son William; daughter Sarah; wife Rebecak.Description: Decedent Book: 2-4Prove Date: 28 Jul 1719
Passengers on Ships from London England to Virginia 1635
London 18 Nov. 1847 Letter from H. G. Somerby "...there are several other ship-loads for Virginia, Bermuda, St. Domingo etc....." "On the cover ... is the following: A register of the names of all ye passingers [sic] which passed from ye porte [sic] of London for one whole yeare ending at Xmas 1635"
Following are the 20 ships recorded by Mr. Somerby:
Merchant Bonaventure to St. Domingo then Virginia [no date]
Plain Joan 15 May 1635
Speedwell of London 26 May 1635
Thomas & John 6 Jan. 1635
Phillip 20 June 1635
America 23 June 1635
Transport of London 4 July 1635
Paul of London 6 July 1635
Primorose 27 July 1635
Merchants Hope July 1635
Elizabeth of London 1635
Globe of London Aug. 1635
Safety Aug. 1635
Alice July 1635
Assurance of London July 1635
George 12 Aug 1635
Constance 24 Oct. 1635
Abraham 1635 [4, 5, 6]
- [S1694] New England Historical Society, NEHGS 1861, (417p.), p. 144 Passengers to Virginia "Tho. Howell: age 20.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S1687] COLDHAM, PETER WILSON, The Complete Book of Emigrants, (COLDHAM, PETER WILSON. The Complete Book of Emigrants: A Comprehensive Listing Compiled from English Public Records of Those Who Took Ship to the Americas for Political, Religious, and Economic Reasons; of Those Who Were Deported for Vagrancy, Roguery, or Non-Conformity; and of Those Who Were Sold to Labour in the New Colonies. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. 1607-1660. 1988. 600p.), http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/shipstova1635.shtml.
- [S1685] Florence Howell Pollard, Forty-Four Families, (This book is a history of the Pollard Family researched and written by Florence Howell Pollard, wife of Clarence Owens Pollard. Published circa 1975), p. 109.
- [S1687] COLDHAM, PETER WILSON, The Complete Book of Emigrants, (COLDHAM, PETER WILSON. The Complete Book of Emigrants: A Comprehensive Listing Compiled from English Public Records of Those Who Took Ship to the Americas for Political, Religious, and Economic Reasons; of Those Who Were Deported for Vagrancy, Roguery, or Non-Conformity; and of Those Who Were Sold to Labour in the New Colonies. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. 1607-1660. 1988. 600p.).
- [S1784] Virginia probate record abstracts, (Ancestry.com. Virginia, Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2004.
Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800. Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1965. Originally published in 1912.
Crozier, William Armstrong, ed. Virginia County Records - Spotsylvania County Records, 1721-1800. Being transcriptions from the original files at the County Court House of wills, deeds, administrators' and guardians' bonds, marriage licenses, and lists of revolutionary pensioners. New York, NY: Fox, Duffield & Co., 1905.
The will abstracts for Isle of Wight and Norfolk counties were taken from microfilmed copies of the original Will Books. Some of these records may be found at the Family History Library as well as other libraries and archives. The originals may be found at the appropriate county courthouses.
For individual sources please see the Notes section listed with each record.), 16 Mar 1718 (may not be ours as no mention of son Matthew).
Name: Thomas Howell
Date: 16 Mar 1718
Location: Isle of Wight
Notes: This probate record was extracted from microfilmed copies of the original Will Book.
Remarks: Thomas Howell. Leg.-son Thomas the tract of land lying upon Blunt's Creek, which I bought of Samuel Godwin, Jr.; son William; daughter Sarah; wife Rebecak.
Prove Date: 28 Jul 1719