1848 - 1925 (77 years)
||Frederick Howard [3, 4, 5, 6, 7] |
||Hyde, England [6, 8]
||Newton Howery Field, Lancashire, England 
||18 Apr 1854
||New York, NY [6, 7]
|from Liverpool, England on the ship Coosawattee |
|US citizenship |
||Manayunk, PA 
|Age 22 |
||Harmony, Caroline, Maryland, United States 
||Election District 8, American Comer, Caroline, Maryland, United States 
||American Comer, Caroline, Maryland, United States 
||Denton, Caroline County, Maryland 
|Appears on the 1920 Census, age 72 |
||Williston, MD 
||6 Dec 1925
||Williston, Caroline, Maryland, United States 
||9 Dec 1925
||Hillcrest Cem, Federalsburg, Caroline Co., MD 
||31 Jul 2020 |
||John Howard, b. 20 Jul 1826, Wimslow, Cheshire, England d. 20 Sep 1906, Caroline Co, MD (Age 80 years) |
||Sarah Bew, b. 5 Nov 1828, Bucklesbury, Berkshire, England d. 18 Jul 1908, Caroline Co, MD (Age 79 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Sarah "Sallie" Priscilla Andrew, b. 1852, Delaware d. 15 Dec 1925, Williston, Caroline, Maryland, United States (Age 73 years) |
||Y  |
| ||1. Harry Haskins d. Yes, date unknown|
|+||2. John W. Howard, b. 18 Feb 1876, Caroline Co, MD d. 19 Mar 1937, Caroline Co, MD (Age 61 years)|
|+||3. Hannah M. Howard, b. 1 Nov 1878 d. 4 Sep 1961, Hurlock, Dorchester County, Maryland, United States (Age 82 years)|
|+||4. Sadie Howard, b. 16 Dec 1881 d. 16 Jan 1967 (Age 85 years)|
|+||5. Frank Neal Howard, b. 29 Oct 1885, Denton, Caroline, Maryland, United States d. 26 Jan 1969, Salisbury, Wicomico, Maryland, United States (Age 83 years)|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||30 Sep 2009 |
||1854 Ship "Coosawattee" passenger list|
John Howard, Sarah, Frederick, Alfred and James are listed as #2 - #6.
||1860 Census - John Howard family|
Living in Leverington, Manayunk, Philadelphia, PA John (33), Sarah (31), Frederick (12), Alfred (10), James (6), Sevena (2), John W (1 month).
||1870 Census - John Howard family p.1|
Living in Manayunk, PA
||Frederick and Sara Howard - Obituary|
Denton Journal, Denton, Maryland, 19 Dec 1925, Sat • Page 5
"The funeral of Mr. Frederick Howard, who died December 6th, after a lingering illness, was held at the home in Williston, on December 9th, and was largely attended. Rev. L. I. Tafel, of the New Church, spoke feelingly of the life and character of the deceased. Mr. Howard was born in England 77 years ago and came to the United States with his parents when a boy of 6. His family settled in Philadelphia and engaged in the manufacture of plush and other fabric. When a young man, Mr. Howard came to Caroline, where he married Miss Sarah Priscilla Andrews. Four children of the marriage survive -- Mr. John W. Howard, Mrs. William T. Love, Mrs. Edward B. Maloney and Mr. Frank Howard, of this county, and an adopted son, Mr. Harry Haskins, of New York. Two brothers. Mr. John Howard of Pennsylvania and Mr. James Howard of New Jersey, also survive. An only sister died in her youth. Interment was made in Federalsburg cemetery."
"On December 15th, Mrs. Sarah P. Howard, widow of Frederick Howard, who preceded her by only ten days, died at Williston, aged 73 years. She was a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Ager Andrews, who were Delawareans. She has two sisters, Mrs. Mary Lizzie Legates, of Federalsburg, and Mrs. C. T. White, of Philadelphia. Mrs Howard made many friends by her happy disposition. Se expressed a desire when her husband died not to stay here without him. 'So God took her.' Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend the funeral from her home on Saturday, December 19th, at 1 o'clock. Interment will be made at Federalsburg."
- 1880 US Census indicates he and his parents were born in England.
His grandson William L. Howard recalls:
"Immigrated to America at age 6"
"Frederick Howard and his wife Sallie had 60 acre farm near the Howard School House and near the road between Martin Grove and Denton, MD. (The origin of the Howard School House is unknown to WLH. Note: the Howard School house is about 5 miles from the Old Country School in American Corner, where WLH went until 6th grade then went to Federalsburg school)"
"After the children were grown, he moved to Williston" 
- [S2] John S. Howell, Jr., JSH Feb 13 2003 gedcom.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S721] Paul Howard with comments by W.L.Howard, M.D., Howard Tree 31 p. Manuscript, (Privately compiled. 31 pages. Spiral bound with Howard crest on cover.), p. 29.
- [S503] WL Howard MD - Interview.
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, MD, Caroline Co. P.6, Dist 4, age 32.
- [S826] 1920 US Census, Denton, Caroline Co., MD, age 72, immigrated to USA 1854, naturalized citizen 1869.
- [S1223] Newspaper Article - Williston, MD - titled 25 Years Ago, (JSH files - clipping. Name of paper unknown. Pub date cir Dec 1950. Prob. Willistown, MD), in JSH files.
- [S1807] 1851 England and Wales Census, Alfred Howard England and Wales Census, 1851 Name: Alfred Howard Event Type: Census Event Date: 1851 Event Place: Newton Howery Field, Lancashire, England Registration District: Ashton-Under-Lyne Residence Note: Mulberry Stree.
- [S1807] 1851 England and Wales Census.
- [S690] 1870 U.S. Census, Frederick Howard Age in 1870: 22 Birth Year: abt 1848 Home in 1870: Philadelphia Ward 21 Dist 70 (2nd Enum), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Gender: Male Post Office: Manayunk Value of real estate: View image Household Members: Name Age Frederick How.
- [S1701] The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, FamilySearch Family Tree (http://www.familysearch.org), ((http://www.familysearch.org)), accessed 22 Jan 2020), entry for Frederick Howard, person ID LTF5-Y4H.
- [S695] 1910 U.S. Census, https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=7884&h=10453683&tid=&pid=&queryId=6d8527e88854fd931f8a05c81a32df66&usePUB=true&_phsrc=sJc685&_phstart=successSource.
- [S826] 1920 US Census, Denton, Caroline Co., MD, age 72.
- [S503] WL Howard MD - Interview, Oct 2003.
- [S740] E. Parker Todd, Todd, E. Parker, (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~carolines/), http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=trishaann&id=I43881.
- [S743] Paul Howard, Nov 3, 1992 letter to WL Howard, M.D.
- [S671] 1880 U.S. Census, MD, Caroline Co. P.6, Dist 4.