1813 - 1855 (41 years)
||Sara Maria Simonton [4, 5, 6, 7, 8] |
||27 Dec 1813
||Greene Co., GA 
||Greene Co., GA 
|1850 Census |
||14 Aug 1855
||White Plains, Greene County, GA 
||White Plains Baptist Church Cemetery, White Plains, Greene Co., GA [4, 10, 11]
||26 Apr 2020 |
||Abner Simonton, b. Abt 1776, Rowan, NC d. Bef Sep 1821, NC (Age ~ 45 years) |
||Nancy Bailey, b. Abt 1790, Rowan, NC d. 1840, Greene Co., GA (Age ~ 50 years) |
||Hancock Co., GA
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Matthew Cavenah Howell, b. 20 Dec 1807, Greene Co., GA d. 15 Aug 1834, Taliaferro County, GA (Age 26 years) |
||31 Mar 1831
||Greene Co., GA [7, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16]
|+||1. Samuel Armstrong Howell, b. 22 Oct 1832, Greene Co., GA d. 30 Sep 1864 (Age 31 years)|
|+||2. Mary Jane Howell, b. 22 May 1834, Greene Co., GA d. 15 Jun 1869, White Plains, Greene County, GA (Age 35 years)|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||18 Mar 2007 |
||1850 Census - McKinney Howell family|
Household consists of McKinney Howell (age 69), his wife Mary Johnson Howell (age 64). Living with them are McKinney's sister-in-law, Sara Howell (age 35), and her two children Samuel A. Howell (age 17, student), and Mary J. Howell (age 16). Also enumerated is an H?. Reynolds (age 25, farmer). Enumerated 26 Sep 1850, Greene Co. Georgia District 144, Roll 71, Page 106.
||Will of Matthew Cavenah Howell|
||The Howell Family|
by Rev. James Hines Kilpatrick, transcribed by William Heard Kilpatrick and sent to me by Scott Kilpatrick.
- From William Heard Kilpatrick notes from a book which belonged to his father:
"Samuel Howell's mother was a Symington and a sister of Benj. Alfriend's first wife."
Appears in the 1850 census in the McKinney Howell household with her children.
The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Volume 70 page 170 Mrs. Rachel E. Tappan Hays. DAR ID Number: 69477 Born in Greene County, Ga. Wife of W. B. Hays. Descendant of Capt. Samuel Reid, of North Carolina. Daughter of George W. Tappan (b. 1851) and Claudia Moore (b. 1861), his wife, m. 1880. Granddaughter of G. D. Moore, M. D. (b. 1828), and Mary Jane Howell (1831- 68), his wife, m. 1852. Gr-granddaughter of Matthew Howell (1811-34) and Sarah Simonton (1813-55), his wife, m. 1831. Gr-gr-granddaughter of Abner Simonton and Nancy Bailey, his wife. Gr-gr-gr-granddaughter of John Bailey and Margaret Reid, his wife. Gr-gr-gr-gr-granddaughter of Samuel Reid and Agnes Kay, his wife. Samuel Reid (1728-1810) was a member of the Committee of Safety of Rowan County, N. C., where he was born. He died in Iredell County. Also No. 66875. [17, 18]
- Household consists of McKinney Howell (age 69), his wife Mary Johnson Howell (age 64). Living with them are McKinney's sister-in-law, Sara Howell (age 35), and her two children Samuel A. Howell (age 17, student), and Mary J. Howell (age 16). Also enumerated is an H?. Reynolds (age 25, farmer).
- [S2] John S. Howell, Jr., JSH Feb 13 2003 gedcom.
- [S739] Kate (Lloyd) Morley, Kate (Lloyd) Morley, (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=klloyd77. katie [firstname.lastname@example.org]).
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ email@example.com).
- [S729] Tommy Bargeron, (http://www.bargeron.com/genealogy/index.htm
721 West 12th Street, Tifton, GA 31794
- [S1735] The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, FamilySearch.org, ((http://www.familysearch.org)), accessed 26 Apr 2020), entry for Sara Maria Simonton, person ID K1DT-QZQ.
- [S730] Alvin Mell Lunceford, Jr., Taliaferro Records, (1988, The Reprint Company, Spartenburg, South Carolina), p. 352.
Cites will record A 1826-1866. Matthew C. Howell made 8/18/1834, probated 9/6/1834, page 93, wife: Sarah M., ch: Samuel Armstrong and Mary Jane Howell, exec: Wm. Johnson, test: Jesse O'Neal, Albert A. Simonton, James V. Grier.
- [S1435] Havilah Howell Mapp of White Plains, Georgia, Havilah Howell Mapp - Brief Record of Ancestral History, (L. Barlow's extracts - a copy of the original in the posession of Mrs. Henry Reid, Athens, Georgia).
- [S1813] Georgia. Court of Ordinary (Taliaferro County); Probate Place: Taliaferro, Georgia, Georgia, Wills and Probate Records 1742-1992, (Taliaferro Wills, Vol A-B, 1826-1922. Ancestry.com. Georgia, Wills and Probate Records, 1742-1992 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015.
Original data: Georgia County, District and Probate Courts.), https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/8635/005761691_00013?pid=362211&backurl=https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv%3D1%26dbid%3D8635%26h%3D362211%26usePUB%3Dtrue%26_phsrc%3DsJc104%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource%26requr%3D281474977005568%26ur%3D0%2.
- [S1259] Elisabeth Chipman, Elisabeth Chipman, (http://www.eacweb.com/tree/index.htm - eac8423 (at) yahoo (dot) com).
- [S731] E. H. Armor, Armor, Cemeteries of Greene Co., (1987, Agee Publishers, Inc.), p. 317.
- [S692] White Plains Baptist Church Cemetery Listing, Sect D-19-D (Samuel Howell plot owner).
- [S699] Thaddeus Brockett Rice and Carolyn Williams, Rice & Williams - History of Greene Co., (IBSN 0-87152 Data by Thaddeus Brockett Rice ; edited by Carolyn White Williams (Mrs. Carlton Candler Williams) ; with new index by Margaret H. Cannon), p. 553.
- [S1116] Dianne Wood, contributor, Greene County: Marriages by Groom 1800 - 1850, (USGenWeb
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ga/greene/vitals/marriages/grm180050.txt), Howell, Matthew C. , Simonton, Sarah N.;31-Mar 1831 GA Greene.
- [S1205] Dodd, Jordan, Georgia Marriages to 1850, ([database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 1997. Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Georgia.), Howell, Matthew, C. - Simonton, Sarah N. 31 Mar 1831 Georgia, Greene County.
- [S1451] Annie Davidson Howell, House of Howell - Version 2 - commented by TB Rice, (3 pages. Transcribed by Albert Sidney Howell (courtesy Jim Brittain, Jr.)).
- [S1450] Annie Davidson Howell, House of Howell - version 1, (Transcribed by Albert Sidney Howell (courtesy Jim Brittain, Jr.) - version 2 has slightly different content than version 1.), "Matthew C. married Sarah Simonton a short time before this" (ie - 1832).
- [S689] 1850 U.S. Census, Sara Howell (age 35), and her two children Samuel A. Howell (age 17, student), and Mary J. Howell (age 16). Enumerated 26 Sep 1850, Greene Co. Georgia District 144, Roll 71, Page 106.
- [S651] National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, DAR Lineage Books, http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ga/greene/military/revwar/dar.txt.