1871 - 1966 (95 years)
||Percy Vincent Howell, b. 9 Jan 1861, White Plains, Greene County, GA d. 1 Jan 1902, White Plains, Greene County, GA (Age 40 years) |
||11 Jan 1886
||Gibson, GA 
| ||1. Milledge Edward Howell, b. 20 Mar 1888, Friendship, Crawford Co., GA d. 17 Jul 1888, Knoxville, Crawford Co., GA (Age 0 years)|
| ||2. Eva May Howell, b. 31 Aug 1889, Knoxville, GA d. 17 Jul 1891, White Plains, Greene County, GA (Age 1 year)|
| ||3. Louise Nydia Howell, b. 18 Dec 1891, White Plains, Greene County, GA d. 11 Oct 1900, Dublin, Laurens Co., GA (Age 8 years)|
|+||4. Henry Lathrop Howell, b. 14 Nov 1894, Augusta, Richmond, Georgia, USA d. 17 Nov 1943, Byron, Peach, Georgia, USA (Age 49 years)|
|+||5. Florence Stuart Howell, b. 17 Oct 1898, White Plains, Greene, Georgia, United States d. 26 Jan 1995, Hemet, Riverside, California (Age 96 years)|
||1900 Census - Percy Vincent Howell|
Percy, Beulah, Louise, Henry, and Florence appear. Missing are Milledge Edward and Eva May.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||6 Apr 2006 |
- From "Forty-four Families":
The following was taken from the Byron, Georgia, Macon Telegraph on February 2, 1966. "B. Benita King Howell Waller, an avid political fan known throughout Georgia is dead at the age of ninety-five years.
"She, who attended state political rallies many years, died in Peach County Hospital, Fort Valley, Georgia, after being strickened Tuesday night.
"The wife of a newspaper editor, Percy Howell, she became widely known for her support of Georgia politicians, particularly the late Governor Eugene Talmadge and then his son, Senator Herman Talmadge. "A familiar figure in gubernatorial and political rallies, she always made her appearance. "Her last known appearance at a political rally was in the presidential campaign in 1964 when she came to Macon to see President Johnson. ' I haven't decided who I will vote for on November 3rd,' she said as she sat in a chair across from City Hall, 'but I wanted to pay respect because Mr. Johnson is the President."
"At one time she was postmistress of Echeconnee, near Byron, Georgia, and once said that the only Republican presidents who ever received her votes were Herbert Hoover, Calvin Coolidge and Warren G. Harding. "During her latter years she became a contributor to newspapers giving her reminiscences of old Georgia families and was a frequent visitor to staff members of the papers. She was well versed in Georgia law. "She is survived by a daughter, Mrs. Florence Howell Pollard, of California 
- [S2] John S. Howell, Jr., JSH Feb 13 2003 gedcom.
- [SAuth] John Spencer Howell, Jr., John Spencer Howell, Jr., (http://www.jhowell.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [S1063] Larry D. Kingsley, "Buelah Benita King, b. 7 Jan 1871" http://www.nortexinfo.net/region2music/KINGSLEY/ged2html/html/d0001/g0000097.html#I6597.
- [S864] 1900 U.S. Census, "wife, b. gan 1871, age 29, b. GA, parents b. GA" Census Place: Dublin, Laurens, Georgia; Roll: T623 208; Page: 19A; Enumeration District: 59.
- [S1685] Florence Howell Pollard, Forty-Four Families, (This book is a history of the Pollard Family researched and written by Florence Howell Pollard, wife of Clarence Owens Pollard. Published circa 1975), p 102.
- [S1347] Lucy Lane Erwin, Clopton Ancestors by Lucy Lane Erwin, (c 1939), p. 211.
- [S1063] Larry D. Kingsley, http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=ldkingsley&id=I05744.
- [S1685] Florence Howell Pollard, Forty-Four Families, (This book is a history of the Pollard Family researched and written by Florence Howell Pollard, wife of Clarence Owens Pollard. Published circa 1975), p. 102.